It’s a post about a team of female secret agents called Fox Force 5. Wait. What?
Just kidding. (Bonus points if you get the reference!) I mean Faraway Files 5. It’s our fifth one friends! The fifth addition to our weekly travel blog community linkup. And while maybe Clare, Katy and I could truly be secret agents – don’t worry – we’re not locking the files. We want to share all the amazing posts that have been linked! And good news. It’s open again! Like my website apparently. Which was locked all day yesterday while I moved it all over to a self-hosted site. Yep. Good timing! But I’m back. It was relatively painless. Relatively. And good news. There is still time to add your travel post to the linkup! Until midnight UK time Friday.
Tell us where to sleuth for travel inspiration today! No place to post? Need a place to go? Read on my friends, read on.
Last week’s posts were seriously impressive and there was a definite theme trending. So many beautiful experiences in the great outdoors. Gorgeous posts that took us hiking. Through Scotland and Portugal. We cruised glaciers in Alaska. Biked in Budapest. We toured markets in India and tried cake in Vienna. And since it was Halloween – there were crypts and counts and vampires too. Want to explore for yourself? Faraway Files #4 is right here.
While I am grateful for everyone who linked last week, these are the posts that spoke to me the most. Sparked my wanderlust. These are my favorites from week 4. Clare and Katy share their faves on their blogs – check them out!
OREGON GIRL FAVORITES : FARAWAY FILES #4
Danielle from Boots not Roots blog took us to Algar Seco in the Portuguese Algarve. Her pictures are amazing and this post has moved Portugal high up on my short list. Swoon worthy images – see for yourself.
Appropriately – we now go from Snow to Snorkels with a weekend at Fiji Beach House. John and Juliette show us all the lovely lovely things to help you relax at this laid back resort off the luxury tourist route. Looks so serene. I’m sold.
It was Halloween this week – and here in Denmark we had a decidedly Danish holiday. But if you want to really do Halloween – try tracking down Dracula. Welcome to Faraway Files newcomer – Feet do Travel who take us on a Transylvanian birthday trip to find the count. Whether you’ve read Bram Stoker or not – you can’t help but ogle the views!
This week I want to bring you here to Copenhagen – the fall colors here have been amazing and with winter fast approaching (potentially this weekend?!) I’m layering on color like a bunny hiding berries . Take a look. Want to get involved?
HOW IT WORKS:
Faraway Files is a weekly file of the best travel ideas on the web. We want to dream of faraway places, make new travel plans and share our travel secrets. Inspire us to travel to new places or revisit a place we thought we knew. We know that you can feel faraway even when you’re close to home so share your experiences of travels near and far wherever you are in the world.
We’d love you to join us in building a supportive community who will inspire and share each other’s posts. All three hosts will try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favourites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8am, UK time (9am, CET) until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles and Oregon Girl around the World. Clare is hosting this week’s link up is right here at Suitcases and Sandcastles. Head on over there and add your post!
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all three of the hosts’ posts and at least one other.
- Tweet us your posts (@suitandsand, @UntoldMorsels, @oregongirlworld) using the hashtag #FarawayFiles and we’ll retweet to our followers.
- Share your #swoonworthy images on Instagram. Tag @FarawayFiles and #FarawayFiles – we’ll repost our favorites.
- We are posting each week’s links on our Faraway Files Pinterest page as well – come join us over there as well!
- Find Faraway Files on Facebook. (Say that five times fast.)
We can’t wait to see how far you’ll take us today. Cheers from Copenhagen! Erin
Grab badge to add to your linked post here: