TRAVEL BLOG COMMUNITY
Godt Nytår! Happy New Year from Copenhagen!
I know there are many reasons that much of the world was ready to kick 2016 to the curb a few days ago. But there were so many things I felt grateful for last year. I am working hard to welcome the new year with an open heart full of the same gratitude and sense adventure. I am so very thankful for this growing and supportive community that Faraway Files has become. I have met new friends. I have learned of new places. I can’t wait to explore more.
Every corner that you share, each different travel that you compare, takes us places. Some we may know, but now see anew. Others are added to our ever growing wanderlusting wishlists. Where are you headed this year? Where will you take us?
2017 TRAVEL WISH LIST
For our family – we are looking for experiences, quite near AND quite far. For our winter break, we hope to illuminate our nights with Arctic Circle activities and the northern lights. Bring on the Borealis. My wish list grows daily, but here are places that take the top spots lately:
- Morocco and Marrakesh with its souks and its sounds. I’m dreaming of camels and carpets and mint tea and blue cities.
- The Faroe Islands sound fantastisk and feral and wild.
- Portugal keeps calling with its colors and cable cars. Lisbon and the Algarve sound lovely and languid.
- And Denmark has places I have yet to still see. Islands like Æro and Bornholm and Samsø. I want to climb down the white cliffs of Møns Klint, run into Vikings in Ribe, and straddle the converging seas under skies in Skagen.
If you have been to any of these or have tips and tales – I’m open and eager. Please feel free to share!
This week for Faraway Files, I am showing you our lastest Scandinavian discovery, off the beautiful west coast of Sweden – the little fishing village Fjällbacka. But before we start linking, I like to look back. Give a shout out to a few posts shared by the community.
FARAWAY FILES #11 FAVORITES
Each week the hosts – Clare, Katy & I – pick our favorites from the previous submissions. We are so grateful to have such a difficult time choosing! These are my faves from the final 2016 link up on December 15th.
What would you do if you had 8 hours in Paris. Seriously. Left your kids with the parents and took the train to Paris for the day. This is a dream for someone who hails from the States. I love Paris and Rebecca from All About U does an amazing job of fitting a ton in – travel along on her vlog!
Ahila from Perspectives Quilt took us to Wales and on a Welsh food tour. I appreciate her willingness to explore, taste and try. Would you try cockles?
And Kat from Brights Lights of America took us tiptoeing along the treetops for the holidays. Travel to beautiful British Columbia and see how they light up the forest for Christmas at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Even I, with my fear of heights, might tempt this one!
FARAWAY FILES TRAVEL BLOG COMMUNITY LINKUP #12
WANT TO JOIN IN?
We’d love you to join us in building this supportive and growing community who will inspire and share each other’s posts. All three hosts will try to read and comment on every post and we’ll share them on social media too. Each week we’ll choose our favorites and highlight them on our blogs and social media channels using #FarawayFiles.
How it works:
- Link up one travel-related post and add the Faraway Files badge onto the post or your blog (code below) or link back to the hosts.
- The link up will go live every Thursday at 8 am, UK time (9 am, CET) until midnight on Friday. It will alternate between Untold Morsels, Suitcases and Sandcastles, and Oregon Girl around the World. This week,
IT’S ME! YOU FOUND IT – IT’S HERE. LINKUP BELOW. BUT FIRST:
- Link ups work best if everyone shares so please comment on all three of the hosts’ posts and at least two others.
SHARE TRAVEL IMAGES ON INSTAGRAM
Tag @FarawayFiles and #FarawayFiles – and we’ll repost our favorites.
WE’LL PIN YOUR LINKS
We are posting each week’s links on community Pinterest page – join in over there.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Find Faraway Files on Facebook. Like us. We’ll like your page. We’re friendly that way.
GRAB BADGE HERE: