All in a day out at Whitby – darling sea harbor town on the northeastern coast of England. An easy day trip over the North York Moors National Park from anywhere in Yorkshire or northern England.
Whitby offers all the classic trappings of a perfect seaside respite.
- Long swath of sandy beach for dogs, castles or cricket? Check.
- Tidepools to hunt crustaceans and mollusks? Check.
- Colorful huts that brighten the boardwalk? Check.
- Purveyors of fresh chippy or a cold Mr. Whippy? Check.
- Creepy old abbeys, churches and graveyards? Check.
- Shops for the shoppers, arcades for the players and pubs for the thirsty? Check.